Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Hardest Learning Outcome

The hardest learning outcome for me would probably be the one about generating, revising, editing, and proofreading.  I have never been the best proofreader of my work.  I usually get others to read my work and give me feedback on what I should do a little bit differently. This was usually successful, however there are many other ways to proofread my papers.

For example, you could do some revising.  Revising is when your determining if you have the right angle, purpose, subject, or something of that nature.  Another technique you could do is substantive editing. This involves changing the content.  Maybe rearranging some sentences to make the writing piece flow better and make sense.  You could also do some copy editing, which involves review the story for clarity and persuasiveness.  Finally, you could proofread the article.  This is what most of us are used to doing to our writing works.  This involves looking for surface error like grammar, spelling, and word usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment